4 med-large ripe organic tomatoes.
2 organic Jalapeno peppers (less for milder salsa and/or slice in half and de-seed for mild salsa)
1/2 organic yellow onion
Handful of organic cilantro
1 organic vegetarian bullion cube
1 clove of finely chopped garlic
Salt / pepper
- Rub the tomatoes with olive oil.
- Cut the 1/2 onion into thirds (three chunks) and rub with olive oil
- Rub the Jalapenos with olive oil
- Put them on a baking sheet or a pan on the stove over medium heat
- Basically burn the crap out of them. Turn them frequently. They will sizzle and turn dark brown. Do not be alarmed, and do not take them off! You have to keep browning them darker and darker....
- When all sides of the tomatoes, peppers and onions are pretty darn dark... put them in the blender, add the handful of cilantro, and blend to your viscosity preference.
- Meantime, put a few tablespoons of olive oil in a small pot and sautee the garlic.
- Add the mixture from the blender along with one bullion cube.
- Cook on med to med-low heat (do not boil), stirring and making sure the bullion cube dissolves.
- Salt and pepper to taste.