My lashes have always been short and straight. I envy any lashes that have even a hint of length or a curl to them. So, I've been doing a lot of reading and have come up with the following tips to get your longest, curled lashes possible (without adding falsies)!
1) Curl clean, dry eyelashes with eyelash curler before applying mascara. Gently position the curlers at the base of your lashes (taking care not to pinch your eyelid) and hold it firmly for 5–10 seconds. Then, move the curler half-way up the lashes and curl one more time.
2) Make sure you wipe the mascara brush free of any clumps or loose bristles prior to application.
3) To make blinking less likely, place your finger under the middle of your eyebrow and gently pull the skin upwards to hold the eyelid taut which lifts and positions lashes to a more accessible angle.
4) Holding the mascara wand horizontal, begin by coating the underside of the upper lashes. Start at the center of the eye and work outwards, leaving the inner corner until last (when the least amount of product remains on the brush). Drag the brush through the lashes using a slight zig-zag motion, coating each lash from the base to the tip. Wait for the first coat to dry and then apply another if you prefer.
5) *** Drum Roll *** NOW for an old makeup artist secret: Apply a coat of mascara to the upper side of the top lashes. This not only makes the lashes appear thicker, it brings up and sets the curl, AND removes any fall-out from your eyeshadow application.
6) If you feel you need to remove any clumps on lashes, comb through your lashes with a metal-toothed eyelash comb to separate the lashes.
7) If desired, apply a light layer of mascara to the bottom lashes by sweeping the wand across them.
MAKEUP ARTISTS TIP:
· Never pump the wand in and out of the tube to fill the brush; this dries mascara out. Instead, wiggle the wand back and forth inside the tube.